Notre Dame dropped a hard-fought contest to Georgia, losing 20-19. Below are the snap count totals for the Irish players in the loss.
A few notes:
* Notre Dame ran 77 official plays, but Georgia penalties added to the total snap figures, which ended up being 79 plays.
* Junior running back Josh Adams was on the field for 78 snaps against Georgia, marking a new career high. His previous high was 66 snaps in the 2016 Fiesta Bowl against Ohio State. Adams’ most snaps in 2016 were 57 in a loss to Virginia Tech.
* Junior wideout Equanimeous St. Brown (69 snaps) also set a career-high in snaps, besting his previous mark of 67 set last season in a September loss to Duke.
* The 79 snaps were career highs for seniors Mike McGlinchey, Quenton Nelson, Alex Bars and Sam Mustipher.
* Sophomore quarterback Ian Book took his first career snap in this game after replacing Brandon Wimbush in the second quarter back the starter lost a contact prior to a third-down play.
* Freshman Robert Hainsey (44 snaps) had more total snaps than sophomore starter Tommy Kraemer (35 snaps) thanks to him going in late in each half in the offense’s two-minute group.
A few notes:
* Three defensive ends – sophomore Daelin Hayes and seniors Jay Hayes and Andrew Trumbetti – received between 44 and 48 snaps. Trumbetti played both strongside end and the drop end spot during this game.
* Senior defensive tackle Jonathan Bonner (51) and senior end Jay Hayes (44) set career high in snaps against Georgia.
* Junior safety Nick Coleman (73) set a career high in snaps against Georgia. Sophomore jalen Elliott started at safety, but after the first quarter his reps were limited to the nickel defense.
* Sophomore corner Julian Love played both the boundary and field cornerback positions. Junior Shaun Crawford played both field cornerback and the slot position in the nickel defense.
* Sophomore end Julian Okwara only came in when Notre Dame went to its nickel package. The nickel line consists of Okwara, Trumbetti, senior Jerry Tillery and Daelin Hayes.