Week three of the NFL season is in the books.
Here is a look at how former Irish stars fared this past week in the NFL and in MLB as well.
• Tyler Eifert (2009-12), TE, Cincinnati Bengals: Missed Sunday’s game against the Green Bay Packers while recovering from a back injury. Per ESPN, he is expected to “miss multiple weeks.”
• Anthony Fasano (2002-05), TE, Miami Dolphins: Did not catch a pass in Miami’s 20-6 loss to the New York Jets.
• Michael Floyd (2008-11), WR, Minnesota Vikings: Suspended for the first four games of 2017 by the NFL due to his DUI arrest in December and subsequent 24-day jail stint.
• Will Fuller (2013-15), WR, Houston Texans: Began the year as Houston’s No. 2 receiver … Showed improvement early in training camp, but suffered a broken collarbone Aug. 2 that was expected to sideline him until late October or early November. Fuller could play in week four against the Tennessee Titans.
• J.J. Jansen (2004-07), LS, Carolina Panthers: Will once again handle all the team’s long snapping duties in 2017.
• TJ Jones (2010-13), WR, Detroit Lions: Caught three passes for a career-high and team-high 63 yards in a 30-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
• DeShone Kizer (2014-16), QB, Cleveland Browns: Completed 22 of 47 passes for 242 yards and two touchdowns in a 31-28 loss to the Indianapolis Colts. Also, threw three interceptions. Tied for the team-high in rushing yards with 44 and added a touchdown on seven carries
• Ben Koyack (2011-14), TE, Jacksonville Jaguars: Did not record a catch in Jacksonville’s 44-6 win over the Baltimore Ravens in London.
• Nick Martin (2011-15), OL, Houston Texans: Again played every offensive snap for the Texans in a 36-33 loss to the New England Patriots.
• Zack Martin (2009-13), OL, Dallas Cowboys: Again played every offensive snap for the Cowboys in their 28-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
• Troy Niklas (2011-13), TE, Arizona Cardinals: Registered one catch for 10 yards in Arizona’s 28-17 loss to the Dallas Cowboys.
• C.J. Prosise (2012-15), RB, Seattle Seahawks: Rushed for nine yards on four carries while catching three passes for 65 yards in a 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans.
• Theo Riddick (2009-12), RB, Detroit Lions: Recorded three catches for 39 yards in a 30-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
• Kyle Rudolph (2008-10), TE, Minnesota Vikings: Caught one pass for four yards in a 34-17 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Ronnie Stanley (2012-15), OT, Baltimore Ravens: Started at left tackle in Baltimore’s 44-6 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars in London.
• John Sullivan (2003-07), C, Los Angeles Rams: Got the start, but played 48 percent of the offensive snaps in 41-39 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
• Golden Tate (2007-09), WR, Detroit Lions: Caught a team-high seven passes for 58 yards and a touchdown in a 30-26 loss to the Atlanta Falcons.
• Sam Young (2006-09), OT, Miami Dolphins: Did not play in Miami’s 20-6 loss to the New York Jets.
• Sheldon Day (2012-15), DL, Jacksonville Jaguars: Did not record a tackle in Jacksonville’s 44-6 win over the Baltimore Ravens in London.
• Matthias Farley (2011-15), DB, Indianapolis Colts: Registered three tackles in a 31-28 win over the Cleveland Browns.
• Cole Luke (2013-16), CB, Carolina Panthers: Placed on injury reserve with an ankle injury to make room for an offensive line signing.
• Romeo Okwara (2012-15), DE, New York Giants: Recorded a tackle in a 27-24 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
• James Onwualu (2013-16), LB, Los Angeles Chargers: Did not record a tackle in 19 snaps, per pro-football-reference.com, on special teams in the Chargers 24-10 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.
• Isaac Rochell (2013-16), DT, Los Angeles Chargers: Rochell was waived last week by the Chargers to make room on the 53-man roster. He has signed with the team's practice squad.
• KeiVarae Russell (2012-15), CB, Cincinnati Bengals: Was inactive with a hamstring injury for Cincinnati’s 27-24 loss to the Green Bay Packers.
• Harrison Smith (2007-11), S, Minnesota Vikings: Notched a team-high nine tackles in a 34-17 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• Jaylon Smith (2013-15), LB, Dallas Cowboys: Continued his strong play recording seven total tackles in a 28-17 win over the Arizona Cardinals.
• Manti Te’o (2009-12), LB, New Orleans Saints: Recorded five total tackles in a 34-13 win over the Carolina Panthers.
• Stephon Tuitt (2011-13), DE, Pittsburgh Steelers: Did not play in Pittsburgh’s 23-17 overtime loss to the Chicago Bears.
• Ishaq Williams (2011-14), DE, New York Giants: On season-ending injured reserve.
• John Axford (Played at Notre Dame from 2002-05), RHP, Free Agent: Was released by the Oakland A’s Aug. 1, and had yet to hook on with another team … Struggled in 22 relief appearances, notching a 0-1 record and 6.43 ERA … Recorded 21 strikeouts in 21 innings, but also allowed 44 base runners (27 hits and 17 walks).
• Trey Mancini (2011-13), 1B/OF, Baltimore Orioles: Seen action in 143 of the Orioles’ contests … Hitting .293 with 63 runs scored, 24 home runs and 78 RBIs.
• David Phelps (2006-08), RHP, Seattle Mariners: Was traded to the Mariners July 20, with three prospects going to the Miami Marlins … For the season, had made 54 relief appearances while registering a 4-5 record with 21 holds, 62 strikeouts and a 3.40 ERA in 55.2 innings.
• A.J. Pollock (2007-10), OF, Arizona Diamondbacks: Has played in 107 games… Hitting .264 with 70 runs scored, 13 homers, 48 RBI and 19 stolen bases.
• Jeff Samardzija (2003-06), RHP, San Francisco Giants: Currently holds an 9-15 record with a 4.51 ERA in his first 31 starts of the season … Whiffed 201 batters in 201.2 innings of work. Has made 19 quality starts.