Regular season for baseball has concluded while the NFL has reached the end of the first quarter of action in its 16-game slate.
Here is an update on how former Irish stars fared during the 2017 MLB season and in week four of the NFL season.
• Tyler Eifert (2009-12), TE, Cincinnati Bengals: Missed his second-straight game while recovering from a back injury. Per ESPN, he is expected to “miss multiple weeks.”
• Anthony Fasano (2002-05), TE, Miami Dolphins: Did not catch a pass in Miami’s 20-0 loss to the New Orleans Saints in London.
• Michael Floyd (2008-11), WR, Minnesota Vikings: Suspended for the first four games of 2017 by the NFL due to his DUI arrest in December and subsequent 24-day jail stint.
• Will Fuller (2013-15), WR, Houston Texans: In his first action of 2017, Fuller caught four passes for 35 yards and two touchdowns and one rush for yards in a 57-14 win over the Tennessee Titans.
• J.J. Jansen (2004-07), LS, Carolina Panthers: Will once again handle all the team’s long snapping duties in 2017.
• TJ Jones (2010-13), WR, Detroit Lions: Caught three passes for 33 yards in a 14-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
• DeShone Kizer (2014-16), QB, Cleveland Browns: Completed 16 of 34 passes for 118 yards and an interception during a 31-7 loss to the Cincinnati Bengals. Rushed for 10 yards on five carries.
• Ben Koyack (2011-14), TE, Jacksonville Jaguars: Did not record a catch in Jacksonville’s 23-20 loss to the New York Jets.
• Nick Martin (2011-15), OL, Houston Texans: Played every offensive snap for the Texans in a 57-14 win over the Tennessee Titans.
• Zack Martin (2009-13), OL, Dallas Cowboys: Played every offensive snap for the Cowboys in their 35-30 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
• Troy Niklas (2011-13), TE, Arizona Cardinals: Did not play in arizona’s 18-15 win over the San Francisco 49ers.
• C.J. Prosise (2012-15), RB, Seattle Seahawks: Did not play in Seattle’s 46-18 win over the Indianapolis Colts while recovering from an ankle injury.
• Theo Riddick (2009-12), RB, Detroit Lions: Carried the ball four times for four yards and caught one pass for eight yards.
• Kyle Rudolph (2008-10), TE, Minnesota Vikings: Caught two passes for 34 yards in a 14-7 loss to the Detroit Lions.
• Ronnie Stanley (2012-15), OT, Baltimore Ravens: Started at left tackle in Baltimore’s 26-9 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
• John Sullivan (2003-07), C, Los Angeles Rams: Started for the Rams in a 35-30 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
• Golden Tate (2007-09), WR, Detroit Lions: Caught three passes for 29 yards in a 14-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings.
• Sam Young (2006-09), OT, Miami Dolphins: Did not play in Miami’s 20-0 loss to the New Orleans Saints in London.
• Sheldon Day (2012-15), DL, Jacksonville Jaguars: Recorded one tackle in Jacksonville’s 23-20 loss to the New York Jets.
• Matthias Farley (2011-15), DB, Indianapolis Colts: Registered 10 total tackles and an interception in a 46-18 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.
• Cole Luke (2013-16), CB, Carolina Panthers: Placed on injury reserve with an ankle injury to make room for an offensive line signing.
• Romeo Okwara (2012-15), DE, New York Giants: Did not record a tackle in a 25-23 loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
• James Onwualu (2013-16), LB, Los Angeles Chargers: Did not record a tackle in a 26-24 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
• Isaac Rochell (2013-16), DT, Los Angeles Chargers: Rochell was waived last week by the Chargers to make room on the 53-man roster. He has signed with the team's practice squad.
• KeiVarae Russell (2012-15), CB, Cincinnati Bengals: Played a few snaps in Cincinnati’s 31-7 win over the Cleveland Browns.
• Harrison Smith (2007-11), S, Minnesota Vikings: Registered six total tackles including one for loss in a 14-7 loss to the Detroit Lions.
• Jaylon Smith (2013-15), LB, Dallas Cowboys: Led the team in tackles with 10 total in a 35-30 loss to the Los Angeles Rams.
• Manti Te’o (2009-12), LB, New Orleans Saints: Did not record a tackle in a 20-0 win over the Miami Dolphins.
• Stephon Tuitt (2011-13), DE, Pittsburgh Steelers: Returned to action after missing the previous two weeks with a biceps injury. Registered three total tackles including 1.5 for loss and half a sack in a 26-9 victory over the Baltimore Ravens.
• Ishaq Williams (2011-14), DE, New York Giants: On season-ending injured reserve.
• John Axford (Played at Notre Dame from 2002-05), RHP, Free Agent: Was released by the Oakland A’s Aug. 1, and did not sign with another team. Struggled in 22 relief appearances, notching a 0-1 record and 6.43 ERA … Recorded 21 strikeouts in 21 innings, but also allowed 44 base runners (27 hits and 17 walks).
• Trey Mancini (2011-13), 1B/OF, Baltimore Orioles: Saw action in 147 of the Orioles’ contests … Hitting .293 with 65 runs scored, 24 home runs and 78 RBIs.
• David Phelps (2006-08), RHP, Seattle Mariners: Was traded to the Mariners July 20, with three prospects going to the Miami Marlins … For the season, had made 54 relief appearances while registering a 4-5 record with 21 holds, 62 strikeouts and a 3.40 ERA in 55.2 innings.
• A.J. Pollock (2007-10), OF, Arizona Diamondbacks: Saw action in 112 regular season games… Hitting .266 with 73 runs scored, 14 homers, 49 RBIs and 20 stolen bases. The Diamondbacks are in the playoffs as a wildcard team.
• Jeff Samardzija (2003-06), RHP, San Francisco Giants: Finished with a 9-15 record with a 4.42 ERA in 32 starts … Whiffed 205 batters in 207.2 innings of work. Made 20 quality starts.